My Blog List

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Glimpses of Spring

Longer days are on their way-yippee! Not that I'm wishing the seasons away but the more noticeable they are to me the older I become. The daffodils are appearing through the earth as are other Spring flowers.

Started Freedom in Christ last night- a 9 week course. The first one was fab and what an affirmation to read out God's promises aloud:



I Am Significant
I am no longer worthless, inadequate, helpless or hopeless. In Christ I am
deeply significant and special. God says:

Matthew 5:13,14 I am the salt of the earth and the light
of the world.

John 15:1,5 I am a branch of the true vine, Jesus,
a channel of His life.

John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed by
God to bear fruit.

Acts 1:8 I am a personal, Spirit-empowered
witness of Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:16 I am a temple of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God.

2 Corinthians 6:1 I am God’s fellow worker.

Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Christ in the heavenly
realms.

Ephesians 2:10 I am God’s workmanship, created for
good works.

Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and
confidence.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who
strengthens me!
I Am Secure

I am no longer guilty, unprotected, alone or abandoned. In Christ I am
totally secure. God says:

Romans 8:1,2 I am free forever from condemnation.

Romans 8:28 I am assured that all things work
together for good.

Romans 8:31-34 I am free from any condemning
charges against me.

Romans 8:35-39 I cannot be separated from the love of God.

2 Corinthians 1:21,22 I have been established, anointed and
sealed by God.

Philippians 1:6 I am confident that the good work God
has begun in me will be perfected.

Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.

Colossians 3:3 I am hidden with Christ in God.

2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear,
but of power, love and a sound mind.

Hebrews 4:16 I can find grace and mercy to help in
time of need.

1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one
cannot touch me.
I Am Accepted
I am no longer rejected, unloved or dirty. In Christ I am completely
accepted. God says:

John 1:12 I am God’s child.

John 15:15 I am Christ’s friend.

Romans 5:1 I have been justified.

1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord and I am one
spirit with Him.

1 Corinthians 6:19,20 I have been bought with a price.
I belong to God.

1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ’s Body.

Ephesians 1:1 I am a saint, a holy one.

Ephesians 1:5 I have been adopted as God’s child.

Ephesians 2:18 I have direct access to God through
the Holy Spirit.

Colossians 1:14 I have been redeemed and forgiven for
all my sins.

Colossians 2:10 I am complete in Christ.


These are now pinned on my noticeboard.

At home today being productive. Doing some work but trying to have a short break as I have had a few late nights writing a draft chapter. So today I have done lots of housework including cleaning out the fridge freezer, mopping the floor and tidying up. Anyway, I met my deadline and am now thinking about the next one. I have two conference abstracts to prepare before next week.

Organising Harry's birthday party. Taking the band to a recording studio so they can cut their first disc! Very exciting. The band have a gig this Friday which we are looking forward to. Lots happening on Friday- Rosie finds out if she has got a place at the boys' school and also has a school disco to attend with her 'boyfriend.' Charlie has had 2 driving lessons and is already commenting on my driving habits- trying not to let it wind me up!

A quiet week-end ahead for us planned after Graham was away last week-end. Starting to think about half-term.

No comments: