My Blog List

Monday 7 July 2008

Monday 7th July 2008

Yesterday we went to church and then came home and ate the remainder of the Domino's pizza from the night before. I spent most of the day washing and ironing and Graham and Charlie put the roof box on the car. Graham packed his bags and got things ready for our holiday as he has got a busy three days ahead with meeting his new work colleagues and handing over his old job. He officially starts when we return from holiday.

Last night I took Harry and Rosie to the cinema to see Prince Caspian. It was very good but I didn't think as magical as the first film. Graham kept texting me the tennis results as the match resumed after stopping play for rain in the afternoon. I was disappointed that Federer lost but he had obviously met his match yesterday.

Today has been spent packing for our holiday. The builder came round this morning. We have a leak coming from our en suite so he located the problem and we are now without a bathroom. He will repair it whilst we are away. The house is like Beirut at the moment with unfinished doors in the lounge and a hole in the floor in the kitchen/conservatory where it needs to be tiled. It is so dusty as well from the plaster. I'm glad the cleaners are coming on Thursday before our friends move in.

I then went back to the garage where they replaced our tyres and put heavy load ones on ( I hope. )

Rosie has a friend here for the day and then tomorrow she is going to her house whilst I'm at work. Tomorrow I need to let my boss know of my intention to leave and see whether I can go on the bank as I will be allowed to work up to 6 hours a week when I start my PhD.

The weather is very changeable at the moment and one minute it is hot and the sunny and the next it is raining. The weather in Interlaken looks like it will be sunny for a few days after our arrival but rain is forecasted there afterwards.

No comments: