My Blog List

Thursday 29 October 2009

Thursday 29th October 2009

Still half-term and the children are having a great time. My mum came to stay last week and went home on Thursday . We went to Center Parcs on Friday and enjoyed it. We did so much ( well the kids did- I managed to sit around a lot, drinking coffee ). They swam at least three times a day, played badminton and laser quest a couple of times. I went to the gym twice which was my total amount of exercise for the week-end.

We came home on Monday and I am trying to catch up with over a week's washing due to a broken washing machine. The engineer came yesterday and mended it so it has been on constantly since.

Yesterday we went to London. I went to a workshop on Ageing at the Institute of Physics and then met up with Graham and the children in Regents Park when it had finished. We then walked to Oxford Street, Regent Street, Carnaby Street and found a Pizza Express. We had a lovely meal there and I used my £50 voucher . We then walked to the Palladium and went to see Sister Act. It was OK, not brilliant. The music, visual effects and choreography were amazing, but the storyline lacked something and we just kept comparing the show to others which we have seen over the last few years which were far superior. Never mind. It was a good thing to do as a family. We had an awful train journey home and didn't get back until 12.30pm.

Plans for the rest of the week include housework- lots of it, as so behind and final adjustments to participant information sheets. Looking forward to not doing much this week-end.

No comments: