My Blog List

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Shuttleworth 10

We returned from a camping trip to Shuttleworth yesterday. 2000 people from the Eastern region of New Frontiers churches gathered together to worship God and listen to David Stroud and Steve Tibbert preach about where we are in God's story of time and how to live out our faith courageously. The worship was wonderful with all songs being my favourites! What I have brought away from the week end will be hopefully character building and changing. God met with me in a deep way this week-end and I just so loved spending time in His presence.

The camping experience was one of endurance due to the weather conditions. It was so cold and rainy. However, spending time with my church family made up for it and we managed to have two bring and share teas where about 50 of us congregated in a marquee in the middle of our allocated pitch. The children thought it was wonderful and all said it was the best one they had been to out of the last three years.

Typically that we are back home and the weather is glorious today with bright sunshine and a blue sky. Definitely got that end of summer feel to it though with dew on the grass and a slight chill. Today is Charlie's last day of the summer holidays before he starts sixth form tomorrow. My baby looks so smart in his business suit! We are immensely proud of him achieving mostly a stars in his gcses. It is such an achievement for him and he wouldn't have reached his potential without God and with all his growth group and leader praying for him, as they did for all the boys in the group everyday during the exam period.

Rosie has lacrosse training for two days and then back to school. I need to take Harry to town today to buy him school shoes. I know I have left it a bit late in buying school shoes so hope we find some for him. He also wants to read The Hobbit and I plan on a trip to Waterstones as we can't find our copy.

I have a busy week ahead of me work wise with 3 or 4 interviews lined up plus I need to start thinking about a piece of work I need to send off to my supervisors before the end of September.

The apartment in Switzerland looks set to go ahead. We have paid a deposit and Graham needs to fly out to Interlaken the week after next to sign the contract. Not sure when it will be ours, but hope we can visit it in October half term to decide what furniture it will need. Don't think we will be able to rent it out for awhile but plan on letting family and friends use it.

Anyway must go and start the day

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Caroline...long time no write! Sorry! I've been getting back into the swing of school and life.
So, does this mean you guys will own an apartment in Switzerland? How amazing...will there be snow when you go?
It sounds like God is really working in your life...how exciting...
Have a great week!