My Blog List

Wednesday 16 September 2009

Back to work

I attended my second funeral this year yesterday. Both had similarities. Both the deceased were neighbours ( who were good friends ), both took place in the same village church, both services were conducted by the same minister, some of the congregation attended both funeral services and both friends, as far as I know, had no faith. Life is harsh, and I don't know whether it is because of my age, but there is a lot of sadness in many friends' lives at the moment in terms of ill-health, marital break-down and job redundancy. God said ' I will never leave you or forsake you' (Joshua 1:5)and I pray that these people will know God's peace and strength in their lives.

I had a slight wake-up call today during a supervision session when discussing my timetable for the next three months. I have so much work to do and need to be better organised. I must start to focus on my project. I feel quite excited about it however, and am looking forward to getting out into the field.

Looking forward to the week-end.

2 comments:

Galaxy6139 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
outdoor.mom said...

wow! amen, great verse to remember! funerals can be kind of depressing - especially two of them in a row - ug!!

i hope you have a great year ahead!! glad everything else is going well.