My Blog List

Saturday 5 December 2009

Wonderful week-end

It is early on Saturday and I've just dropped Rosie off at school as she is playing in a Lacrosse match in Berkhamstead. Feeling a slight disappointment though, as I wanted to go and watch her and we can't as we have our church group this morning.

The boys are still in bed and Graham is playing an early round of golf and will be back at 9.30am for our group.

I've had a busy week, and I'm so delighted that I've got the whole week-end at home and an evening in. Plans include Christmas cake baking and starting my new knitting project ( cardigan in a beautiful sage Rowan Tweed wool ).

Charlie has a rugby match at Stowe school this afternoon and Rosie a party later.

Yesterday was a good day despite feeling nervous about giving my presentation. I really do need to update my PowerPoint skills though as they let me down towards the end of the presentation when the slide show reverted back to the notes page and the audience could see what I had written! Never mind. It's good experience and just before I stood up to present I recalled the scripture ' I will never leave you or forsake you' and my nervousness vanished. A friend came with me to Oxford and went off to meet her friend for lunch whilst I went to the conference. Afterwards, we went to Bicester Village and did some Christmas shopping which was a nice end to the day.

The weather is milder today and the sun is shining. I'm hoping to get outside in the fresh air this afternoon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Caroline...Would love it if you'd post your progress on the cardigan...I can crochet and knit, but have never actually ventured to make anything like a cardigan! It would be fun to see how you begin, progress and then your finished product.
Have a blessed week!