My Blog List

Saturday 13 March 2010

Spring signs

We have had such a cold winter for England. I have spent the last two months feeling chilled. At last I can see that Spring is almost here. I'm sat in my conservatory overlooking the garden and I can see budding flowers and growing daffodils. Despite living on the edge of a large town, albeit in a village, God's wonderful creation is everywhere. Think we have a birds nest in the Laurel tree as there are a lot of birds toing and froing, or they might just be escaping the cat who is on the prowl. A squirrel is scurrying up the willow tree and the sound of birdsong is lovely. The sun is shining and the sky is blue. It's going to be a lovely day.

The week has gone well. I have worked hard this week and conducted my first interview which went well. I've installed NVivo and after I've transcribed the interview I will be ready to go. I have a second participant lined up for next week and I'm really hoping that I manage to recruit participants weekly for the next further 13 weeks, because after a second interview that will take me up to July/August time. I really aim to complete after 3 years.


We had good news about Charlie's GCSE module results. Don't know how he managed to do so well really, considering the amount of work he did. I just hope he doesn't become complacent. However, he is delighted and it is lovely to see him so encouraged by his results. We are continuing to pray about his A level choice, and that he makes the right decision. He has no idea what he wants to do, which is absolutely fine. There is so much pressure on young people today and I just want him to take one step at a time, seeking God in every major decision he makes about his future. The other two are fine. Harry is playing in the band all day today for Let's Go Kids an event for children from 4 to 10. Rosie is playing in a lacrosse tournament and Charlie has a DT gcse session followed by a home football match. So it looks like I will be on my own for some time today. Graham is away at a university reunion and rugby match in Scotland this week-end. Bad planning as we booked the trip last year, not realising it is Mother's Day tomorrow! So, I will be without Graham tomorrow for the first time ever on this day. Never mind. We have a special Mothering Sunday service tomorrow which will be good. I have sent my mum some flowers and will take Graham's mum some flowers today.

I'm going out tonight with a group of friends for a friend's birthday which should be good fun.

Anyway must go and get ready for our home group, which will be a bit thin on the ground today. But it says in the bible that 'If two or more people are gathered in His name, Jesus is with us' which is good enough for me.

No comments: