My Blog List

Monday 7 March 2011

Indoors but wanting to be outdoors!




I have been sat at the table working all day today. I haven't even been to the gym and came straight home after the school run, did a spot of tidying up and then started work. However I wish my writing had progressed as quickly as the day has! I've written a chapter plan and the introduction but that is all and it is 2.30pm and the children will be back home in less than two hours. So I thought I would have a quick break ( another one) and write a few words on here in the attempt to inspire my writing skills.

It has been a beautiful day all day. I'm looking out onto my garden and watching the birds who are watching the cat! There isn't a cloud in the sky and I so long to be outside walking across the fields and getting some fresh air. Never mind.

We've had a relatively quiet weekend although spent most of it ferrying the children to various parties and sleepovers. It was Harry's birthday on Thursday and we enjoyed a Chinese take away. He went to a party on Saturday. Charlie went to two parties on Saturday. I didn't sleep much as I was anxious about his whereabouts as he was staying at a friend's overnight and hadn't texted to say he arrived there after the second party. I know he is 17 and hopefully knows the boundaries where alcohol is involved and I know I should trust God but I woke up at 4am and didn't get back to sleep until 5.30am and most of the time praying for him! At church yesterday a friend whose son was with him at the same two parties said she also awoke at 4am feeling anxious and prayed. Anyway they both arrived at church, looking very tired nevertheless, but they were there.

Well my short break is over. Back to work

1 comment:

outdoor.mom said...

cute cute cake!! i hope you get outside soon :-) we won't have spring till april or may :-)