My Blog List

Friday 6 February 2009

More snow days






We have had a fantastic week of snow. I managed one day of a two day mandatory conference on Wednesday but was snowed in yesterday. Couldn't get the car out of the drive. All the children were off school yesterday so we played in the snow and met friends for lunch in the village pub. Rosie then went sledging on the golf course with friends. I collected her later on and had a go myself down one of the bunkers. It put me in a holiday mood. Can't wait for next week!

The boys' school was closed yesterday and today due to an overturned lorry outside the school.

It is now blizzard conditions and the traffic news is dreadful with multiple breakdowns on the roads. How this country is not geared for snow! Apparently we have run out of salt and grit. Rosie has gone to school but I am waiting for a call to collect her. I will walk if necessary.

Hoping to get a lot of work done today.

No comments: