My Blog List

Friday 27 February 2009

Getting back in the routine

This week has been spent catching up with washing, ironing, work and friends and most importantly God. I feel that I have neglected my bible reading and prayer time whilst on holiday and feel bad about it. I will definitely make more of an effort next time we go away.

I have, however, come to the conclusion that I do quite enjoy a sense of routine to my life, particularly after a holiday. I have enjoyed being back at uni and despite working very short days so I could get back for the cat- another story I feel I have made a very small but significant bit of progress with my research and am feeling more positive. I have found a brilliant book which is so helpful by an American woman called Elaine Brody( Women-in-the Middle, Their Parent Care Years). Reading it has helped me to contextualise thoughts and ideas about my project.

Lulu has been unwell but thankfully is so much better and back to her normal self. When I collected her from the cattery despite being pleased to see me( would not stop purring) she had diarrhoea and the cattery owner said her eye had closed up the night before. I took her home and washed and brushed her and let her go outside and her eye appeared normal in appearance. However she was reluctant to eat and had diarrhoea for a couple of days. The cattery owner was very concerned and called round with some different food for her. Gradually throughout the week her appetite has improved and she has returned to her lively self ie tree climbing and annoying the cat next door. I think the stress of being locked up in a confined space for a week affected her immune system.

Graham and the children are well. It is Harry's birthday party this weekend. He is having 5 friends over for a sleepover and they are going to the cinema to see The Pink Panther 2.

Went back to WeightWatchers last night which I feel good about as I had only put on 3lb since last July. I am going to give it another shot and try to lose 1 stone. 1 1/2 would be ideal, but not realistic. WeightWatchers does keep me motivated and as I go along with a friend we can motivate each other.

No comments: