My Blog List

Monday 1 June 2009

Thankful Thursday










I have so much to be thankful for!


Family and friends- we had a lovely time with Graham's mum and dad who came over with Chris to celebrate Grandad's birthday. An old friend and his son are coming to stay this weekend which we are looking forward to.


Health- Managed a swim this week. Haven't been to the gym for one month! Will be able to get back into the swing of things next week, now that my presentations are over.

PhD studentship- God gave me confidence to present my research at two conferences this week. I KNOW that God was with me and took away my fear. I used to have such a fear almost phobia of public speaking, but with God's help He has taken away that fear over the years. I have two more major deadlines and then I am on holiday all summer- yeah!!! I need to find some good books to read. Last year I read all of Francine Rivers's books. I am reading an Anne Tyler book at the moment which is good.

We are so missing Harry who is away all week with the school. He is climbing mountains and camping out overnight at the top of one. He will be having a great time. Rosie goes away with church tomorrow for the weekend. She is off school today though as she seemed really run down this morning- aching and shivery and a cough, all brought on I think by the amount of sport she did yesterday. She was in a rounders tournament from 4pm until 8pm yesterday. Thankfully they won after investing all that effort. Charlie is in the middle of exams, but is fairly chilled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, looks like you have LOTS to be thankful for (including sunny weather). Once again, I've enjoyed looking through your pictures. Your blog has a cozy feel to it :)