My Blog List

Monday 29 June 2009

Wimbledon on my birthday









Have had a hectic but really enjoyable few days.

The main news is that my friend who has been coming to church with us became a Christian last week. I was overjoyed! She is still deciding which church to attend and even though I would love it if she came to ours I can't influence her decision and she is praying about it.

Rosie was in a school concert and sang a solo- I was so nervous for her, but she was great.

Well I've been spoilt rotten by my husband, children and friends. Last Wednesday some friends organised a surprise meal out at an Indian restaurant. There were 8 of us when I was expecting 3. On Saturday my birthday I had a once in a lifetime experience with a special trip to Wimbledon- centre court tickets and pass into VIP lounge. I saw celeb after celeb including Cliff Richards, Martina Navratilova, Trevor McDonald, Jonathon Edwards, not to mention the tennis stars. I did feel like an observer though and not really part of it. The tennis was amazing and I saw Roddick's and Murray's matches.

Yesterday after an amazing church service with 4 baptisms we went out as a family for lunch. The weather is in the 90s!!! It is so muggy though- but I'm not complaining!

Tomorrow I have to submit my written work for probation and then I'm going to chill for a few days and catch up with my ironing mountain and general housework such as clearing the porch and utility room. The children break up on Thurs/Fri- yippee! School's out for summer!!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Oh my, looks like you had a BLAST! Congrats on your friend being saved, isn't that the best feeling in the whole wide world?!