My Blog List

Friday 24 July 2009

Psalm 42



As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

3 My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

4 These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and





Proverbs 16:16




16 How much better to get wisdom than gold,
to choose understanding rather than silver!



Strange week-hectic and friendship difficulties for Rosie ( including major one with daughter of my friend who became a Christian a few weeks ago ). Girls are so different to boys. I haven't had any problems with the boys at all in the friendship department. I'm praying that things will blow over soon as I'm losing sleep about it and trying not to get too involved. Rosie doesn't appear to be bothered and has spent some time with different friends this week. However she is going to the birthday party of one of the girls involved this afternoon, so praying that she will be OK and not excluded. I am so looking forward to Faith Camp a week on Saturday when it will be just Rosie and myself and a friend and her eleven year old where we can refresh ourselves in God's presence ( the boys are away for the week at NEWDAY . We then have our family holiday to look forward to after that.


Charlie has a friend here for 3 nights as his parents are away in Belgium for the weekend. We found out yesterday that Harry passed his grade 4 guitar exam with a distinction! He is so pleased as he didn't think he did very well.

I'm still writing my amendments with great difficulty, as I've had NO time at all this week as I've been taking the children here there and everywhere. I need to work on it today. The weather is lovely again-very hot and sunny. Our friends from Cambridge are coming over tomorrow and we intend to have a BBQ.

No comments: