My Blog List

Monday 29 September 2008

Cycle ride around Grafham Water






Graham took the day off work today as arranged and after he had dropped the children off at school, he loaded the bikes into the car and then we drove to Grafham Water. The weather was chilly to begin with but then the sun came out and it was really warm and sunny. We did one 10 mile lap round and then stopped for lunch at The Wheatsheaf in Perry. By now it was really warm so we soaked up the sun whilst reading the papers.

We decided to do another 10 mile lap of the lake, which took one and a half hours. We then drove home and met the children from school. I thoroughly enjoyed the cycle ride and nothing beats being out in the open air with the sun warming my body and cycling at speed feeling the cool breeze on my face.

Anyway, must go and tackle my mountainous ironing pile and supervise homework. I'm counting down the days until I start my PhD. Tomorrow is my last free day and have so much to do including organising a glazier to come and put a new pane of glass in the back patio door where Rosie shattered the existing one following throwing a stone at the wall which missed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Caroline...your kittie looks so content in the box!
What beautiful pix and how fun to get to go on a 'date' with hubby and strengthen more than your calves!
God bless,
daune