My Blog List

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Tuesday 8th April 2008

I am sat in my conservatory overlooking the lovely garden. It is a sunny day and some of the plants and flowers are in bloom. It would be idyllic if only I was feeling well! I have spent two whole days in bed feverish and with a sore throat. I got up yesterday to go to the Dr. I have pharyngitis and am on antibiotics. I was told to stay off work this week which initially I felt guilty about but realise that there's no way I could be at work. I am not feverish today but still have an awful sore throat. I am praying that I get better soon and that it doesn't turn into a secondary chest infection. I am taking vit c and zinc and have just eaten some brazil nuts as I read somewhere they helped to protect against bronchitis!

Anyway, Graham was a star over the weekend and really looked after me along with Nurse Rosie who put on an apron and kept coming into my bedroom every ten minutes with a notepad and pencil asking me if I needed anything. In between the shivering and the perspiring I managed to read two books. One was a Christian biography about a Jordanian woman who against all adversity living in war torn Palestine and Bethlehem during the first and second wars became a Christian and how this impacted her life and the lives of those around her. Ironically her last years were spent here in Bedford living on the Embankment and worshipping at St. John's. She died on the last day of 1998. I also read the latest Anita Shreve novel ( Body Surfing ) which I also enjoyed. It is book group tonight but won't be going. The book we read was a short story by Susan Hill so I can't see there will be much to discuss anyway.

I'm sat here listening to a cd by 'Mercy Me' my current fave band which my friend bought me back from the States. She called to see me this morning after spending three weeks in California. She had a great time and it was good to see her and catch up with all her news.

The children went back to school today. It was less stressful than anticipated and there were no arguments and none of them had forgotten anything which was a bonus. Graham is in Madrid for the day and will be back later. I am going to do some knitting later on and generally take it easy and rest. I know I'm sounding very Granny like but it's a temporary phase.

Boy, this band are awesome. 'Sanctified' is indeed my favourite. Not only are the words amazing and TRUE but the acoustic guitar is brilliant. I must let Harry listen to it later. I will post a youtube link:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4511351577285822801&q=MercyMe+sanctified&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Here is another great song:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7102187844873093553&q=Mercy+Me+my+heart+will+fly&total=17&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

No comments: