My Blog List

Friday 22 August 2008

Off to Shuttleworth...

It looks like another rainy Bank Holiday weekend lies ahead, but hoping for a change in the weather. It is dull and rainy as I write this but it is still early.

We're off to Shuttleworth, a New Frontiers East Anglian regional event taking place during the whole weekend. We will be joining a couple thousand others camping, praising God and attending seminars throughout the weekend. It should be a great end to the holidays. We return on Monday and then I'm back to work the following day. The children ( except Charlie, as none of his mates are going ) are looking forward to it.

I have enlisted several people to cat sit including next door neighbours, and two sets of friends plus children as Lulu is too young to go to a cattery.

I don't feel very organised though and have so much to do before we leave at lunchtime. We have no camping gas and I'm not sure where to get some from. I went to two places yesterday but they didn't have any.

My bible notes yesterday were all about God's sovereignty and how we should trust Him in everything, as it will take away our anxiety, frees us from explanation and keeps us from pride. So I will trust Him about the forthcoming weekend, regardless of the weather!

However God's sovereignty does not mean we are absolved from responsibilities, need not make decisions, have no desire for personal excellence or not be globally concerned. Paul's letter to the Romans ( 12:9-17) is really challenging me this morning as I realise I fall short. However, with God's grace and recognising His sovereignty in all situations I can be zealous, keep my spiritual fervour, serve the Lord, be joyful in hope, be patient in affliction, faithful in prayer, share with people in need, practice hospitality, bless those who persecute me, not curse, not be proud or conceited, not want to get my own back and be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.

No comments: