My Blog List

Wednesday 13 August 2008

Wednesday 13th August 2008

It's not exactly summer weather at the moment with wind and rain galore.

We've had a hectic couple of days with driving to Bolton to take my Mum back on Monday. We went to Rivington and then had a look at my Dad's tree in the memorial forest. Mum stayed for five days in the end and I think she was glad to return! I do worry about her on her own but she seems happy enough despite not seeing anybody from one day to the next. If only she wanted to go to church or had an interest other than doing crosswords.

Yesterday we took the cat to the vet for a check up. Apparently she is a long haired tortoiseshell cat.

Today Lulu's sister Tipsy arrived to stay for a few days as her owners have gone on holiday for a few days. They have done nothing but fight when awake. I'm sure they are only playing but it is hard work watching them all the time. They do look cute when asleep together though.

Today will be spent cleaning and tidying up. Harry's friend is here at the moment and Rosie's friend has just left. Charlie is chillaxing as usual.

Reading my bible today I felt God say that He is enough for me and that He is my portion:

Psalm 119 57-65

You are my portion, O LORD;
I have promised to obey your words.
58 I have sought your face with all my heart;
be gracious to me according to your promise.

59 I have considered my ways
and have turned my steps to your statutes.

60 I will hasten and not delay
to obey your commands.

61 Though the wicked bind me with ropes,
I will not forget your law.

62 At midnight I rise to give you thanks
for your righteous laws.

63 I am a friend to all who fear you,
to all who follow your precepts.

64 The earth is filled with your love, O LORD;
teach me your decrees.

Later on this afternoon I was listening to the new Hillsong CD and again this is what I heard and what resonated with me today:

Healer
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire and heal all my disease
I trust in you
I trust in you

I believe you are my healer
I believe you are all I need
I believe you're my portion
I believe you're more than enough for me
Jesus you're all I need

Nothing is impossible for you
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for you
You hold my world in your hands

Mike Guglielmucci 2007

I felt I haven't been really productive today with the housework as a friend called round to collect her son and she stayed for some time to fill me in with what is happening at work. It was lovely to see her though. Another friend and son popped round later and it is always great to spend time with her so the housework will still be there tomorrow. The two kittens have been in the plants in the conservatory so I've had to move them due to the mess they were making.

It has finally stopped raining and I can see some blue sky. Perhaps it will be sunny tomorrow.

No comments: