My Blog List

Saturday 3 January 2009

Perseverance

The last three days of bible readings have been about perseverence which have been apt as I have been thinking that I will not be able to continue with my PhD due to being ill for over a month. ' We will reap a harvest if we do not give up'. Galatians 6:9 NIV. Perseverence means stopping not because you're tired, but because the task is done. I am only three months into the studentship as well! I'm just hoping that my supervisors will understand next week when I see them for supervision.

Yesterday I went to Tesco and did a huge shop- my first one since December 22nd. Charlie and I watched Dances with Wolves in the afternoon. What an epic! I hadn't seen it before and I cried in several places. I took Harry to his friend's in the afternoon. They were going to see Aladdin for his friend's birthday treat and then have a sleep over. I dropped Charlie off in town to meet his mates and Rosie had her friend round.

Today has been spent cleaning upstairs and taking down some of the Christmas decs. Graham took Rosie and Harry to play badminton and Charlie is catching up on about three months worth of homework. A friend called round for coffee this morning. She only found out about our neighbour yesterday and is also really shocked. Her school friend died from pneumonia aged 43 years two weeks ago and the funeral is the day before our neighbour's. So many people are mourning and I pray they will draw on Christ's strength and biblical promises to help them i.e psalm 23.

It is still so cold with temperatures around freezing. Graham played golf first thing this morning and it was -6 degrees c

No comments: