My Blog List

Monday 16 June 2008

Monday 16th June 2008

I thank God that he knows exactly who I am and what my motives are. The following psalm which I love resonates with me today:



Psalm 139
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.


We've had a good week end although it was so strange without Rosie on her birthday on Saturday. I went to Ikea on Saturday and bought Rosie a new bed and bedding. When I got back my friend's son was washing Graham's car. He is home from university and trying to raise some cash to travel around Europe next month so he is washing cars. We got him to assemble the bed whilst Graham took the old beds down to the tip which was great. We enjoyed a quiet night in and watched Dr Who which wasn't as good as some of the others- think they must have run out of money during the series! However, next week looks promising with the return of Rose.

Yesterday we went to church in the morning. As usual the service was inspiring and challenging and the worship amazing. Graham was given a photo of himself and the others who played golf the day previously. It was Father's Day so he played golf again in the afternoon after we had lunch in The Tuns. It was warm enough to sit outside which was nice. I prepared Rosie's room for her return in the afternoon and read the newspapers. The boys lounged around at home.

We all collected Rosie in the evening. She had had a fantastic time and was made a fuss of on her birthday. The teachers and girls in her class had sent her cards and they had the cakes I provided during the disco in the evening. Once home she went upstairs and could not believe her eyes when she saw her new bed! She opened her presents and then had a quick shower then went to bed. We all went to bed early and I read for a while. I finished reading Anona Coates's biography on Saturday and have started another Francine Rivers. My next book group book is 'On Chesil Beach' which I read earlier on in the year so am reading lots of Christian stuff at the moment which I'm really enjoying.

Graham was up at 4am to catch a flight to Paris. He is back later this evening. After dropping the children off at school I went to the gym and did a 50 min work out including a 20 min jog on machine. I'm feeling relatively fit at the moment which I'm thankful for as it does help my energy levels. After the gym I dashed home to meet my friend who had driven over from Cambridge. Her son is playing county cricket today in Bedford. She stayed until 12pm and we sat outside drinking coffee.

I have now got a free afternoon to prepare for my interview although I'm finding lots of other things to do instead including writing this, washing, ironing and tidying up. I must try and get focused.

No comments: