My Blog List

Thursday 19 June 2008

Thankful Thursday 19th June 2008

I have felt really challenged today. I am so thankful for my privileged life. I had an email from Christian Solidarity Worldwide asking me to pray for imprisoned Eritreans. As I was reading about the atrocities they endure for the sake of Jesus Christ I was immediately humbled. I can't change the world but God can and He answers prayer so the least I can do is pray for those people who suffer for the faith.

My privileged life and my silly worries like what should I wear for my interview on Monday fade into insignificance. I have never known real suffering and whilst the last few weeks have been very unsettled due to Graham's unstable job situation particularly as we have school fees to pay( yet another outward sign of my privileged life)it is nothing.

Before I had read the email and felt challenged I had been into town and shifted some cash by buying three pairs of trousers and a pair of shoes. It is my birthday next week and I was spending my birthday money in anticipation from Mum and Graham's Mum and Dad. We are so rich and yet people have nothing in the third world. We sponsor a little boy through World Vision and we recently received an update from him. There was a picture of him stood outside the small breeze blocked house we had enabled to be built through our sponsorship for his family. I felt such joy when I saw the photograph but also the stark realisation of how much we have materialistically hit me.

I am thankful for my health. I am feeling so fit at the moment and enjoyed a great workout this morning at the gym. I have also lost 2lb this week. I went to fat club tonight and was mildly surprised as I didn't expect it.

I am thankful for my wonderful family and in particular that Graham's new job will benefit the family as he won't have to travel abroad at all. Yippeee! He is also looking forward to the challenge of a role within the UK to consolidate his experience. God really has answered our prayers. Yet it causes me to question why Christians in the world are persecuted and I lead this life full of joy and abundance. Perhaps God is reminding me that I am in a paramount position to help others not so fortunate. When I accessed this blog this evening the daily verse was so apt and reminded me how God has not forgotten His suffering people and in particular those who give their lives for Him.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
(Luke 9:24)



I spent just over one hour on a power point presentation for one of the articles I need to present on Monday this afternoon before putting together Harry's paper round. I will work on the other one tomorrow.

I missed the drop in centre today and am thankful that following last week's testimony presentation 5 of the clients want help with their addictions! It is amazing really witnessing how God is at work with these families.

Looking forward to watching Harry tomorrow in his concert. Charlie has done really well in his exams. He is way above average in all subjects except French which he is dropping this year. It just goes to show what a bit of work does. The best thing is that he is really proud of his achievements.

Happy birthday for tomorrow A in Canada! I can see you are still reading this every day so know you will get the message. Hope you received your card. Hope you have a great day ( now the same age as me!)

No comments: