My Blog List

Thursday 5 June 2008

Thankful Thursday


I thank God today for:





The beautiful day. It is a glorious hot and sunny day. I have spent some time this afternoon sunbathing in the garden. It was so nice just to lie there looking up at the blue sky and listening to the noisy birds. I think we have a magpie nest in one of our trees.




The clients at the drop in centre. Their lives are so complicated and it is amazing to see how much they enjoy their time on a Thursday, particularly the friendships they have made with the volunteers and also the time they spend at the craft table making various items such as ceramic mirrors and kitchen utensil holders. We had a meeting with the volunteers at lunch time to discuss the way forward with offering an opportunity for them to come to Christ. We are going to invite people to come and give their testimonies and then have a discussion group with lunch provided. This will take place as from next week with a view to running an Alpha in September. I heard today that one of the men who attends the group is attending the current evening Alpha which is great.




My family.




My health.




My friends and for the fun and laughter we share together. I'm looking forward to meeting a friend tomorrow in St Neots for lunch after going to see another friend in the morning for prayer and coffee.





My forthcoming holiday ( five weeks today, picture above)

Just back from fat club and am pleased that I haven't put on any weight over the past two weeks ( haven't lost any either though!)

No comments: