My Blog List

Monday 5 May 2008

Sunday 4th May 2008 'How Great Thou Art'

'When through the woods and forest glades I wander
and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
and hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze;'

I'm so marvelling in God's creation these days. The big horse chestnut trees on Manton Lane are now in bloom and each year I gaze at their splendour as I drive past them with their big white flowers. The cherry blossom trees look magnificent with their vivid pinks and driving into my close yesterday it looked like there was a pink carpet on the ground as all the flowers are just starting to fall off the branches. Our garden is starting to look a bit more colourful and I have bought a few shrubs which I aim to plant tomorrow. I just love this time of year. Sorted out my summer clothes the other day but was shocked to find they are tight on me despite losing almost a stone! I can't believe how so much weight has creeped up on me in the space of about 5 - 6 months.

It is Bank Holiday weekend here and we're having a restful time so far. Graham's parents came for lunch yesterday which was really nice. Graham's dad looks a lot better since he has started his heart medication. After lunch we went to see our friends in Cambridge. We always have such a nice time with them and the children really get on well together. We felt like we'd been on holiday as their house is on 6 acres of land and we were outside for a lot of the time. We went quad biking which was great fun. I loved it despite Rosie being very embarrassed when I had my turn. The children swam in their outdoor pool and then Harry and his friend composed some music for us and entertained us on the guitar, drums and piano in their music room.

On Thursday I went out for a meal with 8 other women to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. The food was delicious. We went to Figaro on Midland Road and I had a chicken and avocado salad to start, prawn risotto and then vanilla ice cream with hot espresso poured over the top. Thought I hadn't mentioned food for a while ( just for you S if you are reading this) ( and I wonder why I need to lose weight!)

Today has been spent at netball with Rosie(me), taking Harry to church (me), rugby tournament with Charlie ( Graham who also scored a try in the parents v boys and won't shut up about it), swimming with Harry and Rosie ( Graham) and then all back to church for the service this afternoon. Graham and I served tea and coffee but it wasn't that busy as a lot of people are away. The sermon was brilliant with Paul preaching about prayer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Caroline...
I love the way you describe the flowers on the ground like a blanket!
I also like the new look on your blog!
Delighted to see my blog as a link...
Enjoy your company today! My dear love is working till next Friday! Ugh. Mother's day won't be the same...do you guys have that there?
I've decided to let go of all expectations...seems that expectations usually set me up for some disappointment somewhere! Not going down that dead end!
In Him,
daune