My Blog List

Thursday 29 May 2008

Thankful Thursday 29th May 2008

Today I thank God for the following:



The beautiful warm sunny day. It is amazing how the sun transforms the appearance of everyday views. Our garden is looking particularly lovely today with so many bright and vivid coloured flowers now in bloom.



The day ahead. We are going to Cambridge to see our friends. Our friends' son is playing cricket at Gonville and Caius so we will watch the match first before having a wander around the town centre and then we are going back to their house for a take away.



My family and friends. We're having such a lovely week at home spending much needed quality time together. We had a great day yesterday at Southwold. The weather was cold and windy and overcast but at least it didn't rain. We had a long walk along the prom and had fish and chips on the pier before walking to the town centre where we went to The Swan for tea ( Graham and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary there almost 17 years ago)



I have an interview for a PhD studentship. I received the letter today which outlines the presentation I have to give about my proposal and two areas for discussion. I thank God for this opportunity (even if I am not successful.)

No comments: