My Blog List

Wednesday 6 February 2008

Shrove Tuesday

An ok day today, although started off badly after an argument in the car on the way to school with my 14yr old son!

Work was good but I felt very sad when I visited one of my families who I have been working with for some time as they appear to have reverted back to how they were prior to my input and that of social services. The house was disgusting with about 10 dirty nappies and wipes on the floor along with dirty cups, plates, bottles strewn everywhere. The kitchen was appalling with all the surfaces filled with dirty crockery, cigarette butts and rubbish. Thankfully the baby is ok and is thriving and gaining weight well.
I went to the hairdresser's at lunchtime and had my roots coloured. It also gave me time to reflect on my work and my next plan of action with this family. I then visited two more families and then called back into the office to deal with a couple of phone enquiries including one from social services about another family.
It is pancake day today so made savoury chicken pancakes followed by lemon and syrup sweet ones. The children loved them. Rosie had her swimming lesson and then I tackled the ironing pile.
Finished Isaiah today. My bible notes were about how God protects us and I read psalm 91 again. ' The angel of the Lord guards and rescues all who reverence him' (Psalm 34:7).
Had a long chat with Charlie again about his behaviour. He apologised to Harry which was encouraging. Graham is back in Milan for one night and is having a tough time. He didn't sound very happy when I spoke to him and he is very tired as he had to leave at 4.30am this morning to catch his flight.
Our new church website is up and running. It is great!http://www.brickhillbaptistchurch.org


No comments: