My Blog List

Wednesday 27 February 2008

Tuesday 26th February 2008

I was so determined to be positive today and to shine for Jesus today. The day was beautiful to begin with and so warm and sunny. I thought of the scripture 'This is the day the Lord has made and be glad and rejoice in it' (Psalm 118:24) as I was pulling into the car park and all was well with the world. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw the homeless couple again curled up asleep in a door way covered by a sleeping bag. I wanted to speak to them again but didn't want to wake them up so I walked to my office.

My first visit had cancelled as she wanted me to visit when her partner could be present which is next week. It was just as well really as I was very busy. I was on the way back to my office in the afternoon when I received a phone call from a colleague who had just seen one of my clients in her clinic. There are major child protection concerns which meant I had to make a phone call to social services and was late to collect Harry from school. We then went to collect Rosie who was late back from seeing Hamlet at the Derngate theatre in Northampton. Graham appeared after flying back from Prague so he was able to take Rosie to her swimming lesson which meant I could get on with some ironing. I have just changed the bedclothes in Rosie's bedroom and have finally sat down. I'm thinking about tomorrow and deciding whether I should go on my prearranged 'safeguarding children' training or stay in the office as I will be expected to attend a CP conference if one is arranged. I have just finished reading 'Whatever happened to the Ark of the Covenant' by Nick Page which was very well written, informative and very amusing too. Just found his website:http://www.nickpage.co.uk/

Well I'm off to bed to read

No comments: