My Blog List

Monday 7 January 2008

Still Sunday 6th Jan

Just read this and thought how apt it is for my life and the thoughts I have been having over the last couple of days.


Let it go for 2008...by T. D. Jakes
There are people who can walk away from you.And hear me when I tell you this!

When people can walk away from you: let them walk.

I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying withyou, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you,staying attached to you.

When people can walk away from you let them walk.Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.

The Bible said that,"They came out from us that it might be made manifest that they werenot for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would havecontinued with us." [1John 2:19]

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if theyare not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them go.

And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person, it just means thattheir part in the story is over. And you've got to know whenpeople's part in your story is over so that you don't keep tryingto raise the dead.

You've got to know when it's dead. You've got to know when it'sover.Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. It's thetenth spiritual gift. I believe in "good-bye". It's not that I'minsensitive or uncaring, it's that I trust, I know whatever andwhomever God means for me to have and be a part of my life He willgive.

And if a relationship takes too much sweat I don't need it.Stop begging people to stay.Let them go!!

If you are holding on to something or someone who doesn't belong toyou and was never intended for your life, then you need to ..LET ITGO!!!

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains .. LET IT GO!!!If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see yourworth... LET THEM GO!!!

If someone has angered you ..LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge ..LET ITGO!!!

If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addictive behavior..LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs ortalents .. LET IT GO!!!

If you have a bad attitude...LET IT GO!!!

If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better...LET ITGO!!!

If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a newlevel in Him...LET IT GO!!!

If you are struggling with the healing of a brokenrelationship....LET IT GO!!!

If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to helpthemselves.. LET THEM GO!!!

If you're feeling depressed and stressed ...LET IT GO!!!

If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handlingyourself and God is saying "take your hands off of it," then youneed to... LET GO!!!

Let the past be the past. Forget the former things.2007................LET IT GO!

2008................BRING IT ON! Fresh and new in each moment.

I have just read it to Graham who said' Do you want to let me go?!' He thinks the above is referring to relationships, but I think it is much more.

2 comments:

Daune (pronounced Dawn) said...

Caroline...

How awesome that you found my blog...isn’t it fun to express yourself and then to see who God shares that vulnerability with?

I am truly enjoying it and am wondering how you found me!?

Our God is so good.

I read your blog, as well, and your profile said you’d been doing it since May 2007.

I began last September and didn’t tell anyone either for a while...I felt silly for some strange reason. I don’t now, particularly since I’ve gotten such good feedback and I really enjoy posting the pix I take.

Thanks for taking the time to actually post...so many say they’ve read, but they don’t take the time to create an account and then write me...

God bless your journey and may He guide us both as we seek to honor Him with our words, life and gifts!

daune

Caroline said...

Hi Daune,

Thanks for your reply. I found your blog by clicking on my interests and you came up under Kirk Franklin.

I registered in May 2007 but only started blogging on Jan 1st.

Our God is truly amazing and I think your wonderful pictures reflect the glory of His creation. I must do something similar. The older I get ( or more mature)! I really appreciate the seasons and I must start to capture them more by photo.

May God abundantly bless all that you do for Him during 2008.

Kind regards

Caroline