My Blog List

Friday 25 January 2008

Thursday 24th January 2008

Took the children to school and then went swimming. I did my usual 80 lengths and then drove to the Drop in Centre. It was great to sit and talk to some of the girls today. One of them asked me to help her fill in an application job for a job. We did have a laugh when we were filling in the referee section as she could not think of anybody who would give her a reference and asked whether she could put her Mum's name down as she had a different surname to her own. These girls are so lovely and it is a real privilege to get to know them. They love going there each week as they feel they are not judged.

'Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood.......then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: Here am I." Isaiah 58v6,7&9

I had lunch at home and did some paperwork before walking to a friend's for coffee.

I collected the children from school and helped Harry with his homework. Graham came back from Milan after a stressful couple of days. Graham's mother phoned to say that the ceremony for Alison's ashes will take place on the 8th February which is only two weeks away.

Feeling tired again tonight and I have to work tomorrow for a couple of hours as I have yet another child-in need meeting.

No comments: