My Blog List

Monday 21 January 2008

Sunday 20th January 2008

I've had such a nice weekend. Yesterday I stayed at home most of the day before Chris arrived to play golf with Graham. We then drove to church for the quiz evening which was great fun. We had two tables one of men and women. We weren't very good but had a good laugh. The food was nice too. Our aim was to beat the men but didn't succeed. I have since heard that one of the men was trying to find the answers on his blackberry!

The quiz finished early so we went to the Tuns for last orders.

Today we went to church in the morning instead of the afternoon as Charlie's rugby was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch and I was also in Children's Fellowship. We were talking about prophecy and two women came to talk to the ten year olds about their experiences when God prompted them to minister to a church in Essex which was really exciting. The children were really sweet and asked lots of questions including ' Was the church next door to a sweet shop?'

After church we went to Frankie and Benny's for lunch which was a treat. After lunch we found the dressing table in the garage we ordered 3 weeks ago from Laura Ashley which had been delivered unknown to us! I spent the rest of the afternoon assembling the lovely piece of furniture and it is now in the dressing area of our bedroom. It has only taken us a year to buy this! I now need to clear the chest of drawers and bedside cabinets in our room and to transfer my bits to the new dressing table.

Chris has just left after coming back to discuss the location for Alison's ashes. It's all very sad and I won't look forward to the ceremony next month.

Still got some sewing to do and ironing school clothes before settling down to watch Lark Rise which I've now had to tape as Wild at Heart has just started.

No comments: