My Blog List

Tuesday 22 January 2008

Tuesday 22nd January 2008

I have come home a couple of hours early from work as I am working on Friday morning. My ironing pile is colossus but I'm procrastinating as usual. I have switched the iron on so that's a start.

Yesterday was the usual, gym, Sainsbury's and housework. I felt very tired yesterday afternoon for some reason. Graham was back earlier than usual so was able to help me with the usual activities which was just as well as I went to a joint Harpur Trust prayer meeting which was good as I met a few new mums and teachers at the other schools.

Work today and I was determined to be in a better frame of mind. The quantity of work still overwhelms me and the responsibility I have for a part time post continues to discourage me. My job share colleague is back tomorrow so I will have to see how it goes.

I'm now reading Isaiah as I finished Exodus which is very challenging. I read psalm 91 today which I love! My Grandad wrote to my Grandma during the first World War when he was in the trenches in France and asked her to read it as it brought him great comfort. I have a lot of his letters he wrote to my Grandma which are so moving to read.


Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

The sun came out today which was heartening. With all the awful rain and dark and dismal days we have had just recently it was a pleasant interlude. There are over 100 flood alerts in the country and there is so much water everywhere.

Must go and tackle the ironing before I start the school run.

No comments: